Losing a loved one is an emotionally challenging experience, and honouring their memory with respect and dignity is essential. Funeral flowers significantly commemorate the deceased’s life, offering comfort and solace to grieving family members and friends.
We aim to guide you through selecting and ordering memorial flowers, ensuring you make the right choices and create a fitting tribute to your loved one.
We’ll discuss the factors to consider when choosing memorial flowers and the process of placing an order through a flower delivery service in Singapore.
Types of Memorial Flowers
When selecting memorial flowers, it’s crucial to understand the various types and their significance. Some common types of memorial flowers include:
1. Casket sprays: Large, rectangular flower arrangements designed to rest on the casket during the service.
Source: Stylish Event
2. Standing sprays: As the name suggests, tall arrangements stand on a tripod or easel beside the casket.
3. Wreaths: Circular arrangements made of flowers and greenery symbolise eternal life and the continuity of the spirit.
Source: Harold Wood Funeral Service
4. Floral baskets: These are versatile arrangements placed on the floor, pedestal, or displayed in the reception area.
Delphinus by Beato
5. Bouquets: Smaller flower arrangements can be handed to the family members or placed near the casket or urn.
Source: Real Flowers
Choosing Appropriate Flowers
Different flowers carry specific meanings, and it’s essential to choose those that best reflect the personality and preferences of the deceased.
Here are some popular memorial flowers and their purposes:
1. Lilies: Symbolising the restored innocence of the soul, lilies are among the most common memorial flowers.
Source: Southern Living
2. Roses: The meaning of roses varies depending on their colour, with red symbolising love, yellow representing friendship, and white standing for purity and innocence.
Source: Paper City Magazine
3. Orchids: Representing eternal love and strength, orchids are often chosen for their elegant appearance and long-lasting nature.
Source: Funeral Guide
4. Carnations: These long-lasting flowers symbolise love, admiration, and remembrance, with the colour again playing a role in their meaning.
Source: AK Lander
5. Chrysanthemums: In many cultures, chrysanthemums symbolise death and are often used in funeral arrangements.
Source: Two Row Times
Consider the Cultural and Religious Background
It’s essential to consider the cultural and religious background of the deceased and their family when selecting memorial flowers in Singapore. Different religions and cultures may have specific preferences or prohibitions regarding memorial flowers.
For example, in the Jewish faith, flowers are often considered inappropriate, while in the Hindu tradition, garlands of flowers are commonly used.
Be sure to research and respect the customs of the deceased’s faith and culture to ensure the floral tribute is well-received.
Source: Les Fleurs Andover
How to Order Memorial Flowers
Once you have decided on the type of memorial flowers and the specific blooms to include, it’s time to place your order.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to ordering memorial flowers:
- Choose a reputable florist: Look for a florist with experience creating funeral flower arrangements. Selecting a florist that can provide high-quality flowers and excellent customer service is essential. You can search online for reviews or ask for recommendations from friends and family.
- Place your order in advance: Memorial flowers should be ordered as soon as possible to ensure their availability and timely delivery. It’s generally recommended to place your order at least 48 hours before the funeral service.
- Provide essential details: When placing your order, provide the florist with all necessary information, including the date, time, and location of the funeral service, the name of the deceased, and any specific delivery instructions. Communicating any colour preferences or special requests regarding the arrangement is also crucial.
- Consider your budget: Memorial flowers can vary in price depending on the arrangement’s size, type, and complexity. Before placing your order, establish a budget and discuss it with the florist to ensure the final product aligns with your financial constraints.
- Confirm your order: Once you have finalised the arrangement details, ensure that the florist provides you with written confirmation of your order. This should include the cost, delivery date and time, and a description of the arrangement. Keep this documentation for your records.
- Choose a delivery service: To ensure that your memorial flowers arrive on time and in pristine condition, selecting a reliable florist delivery service is essential. Many florists offer flower delivery services in Singapore, but it’s worth researching the available options in your area, such as Beato, a provider that guarantees timely and professional delivery.
Source: Wikimedia Commons
Additional Tips for Ordering Memorial Flowers
- Personalise the arrangement: To create a meaningful tribute to the deceased, consider incorporating their favourite flowers, colours, or other personal elements. This personal touch can provide additional comfort and solace to grieving family members and friends.
- Include a heartfelt note: Attaching a card or note to the memorial flowers allows you to express your condolences and share your memories of the deceased. Keep the message brief and sincere, focusing on the positive aspects of the person’s life and their impact on those around them.
- Coordinate with other attendees: If you know other friends or family members who are also planning to send flowers, consider coordinating your efforts to create a harmonious and impactful display at the funeral service. This can help prevent duplication of arrangements and ensure that the floral tribute is varied and visually appealing.
- Be mindful of etiquette: When attending the funeral service, respect the family’s wishes and the venue’s guidelines regarding the placement and display of memorial flowers. Offer assistance in setting up the arrangements, but also be prepared to step back and allow the family or funeral director to take the lead.
Ordering memorial flowers is essential to paying tribute to a loved one who has passed away. By carefully considering the type of flowers, their meaning, and the cultural and religious background of the deceased, you can create a fitting and heartfelt floral tribute.
Following the steps outlined in this guide, including selecting a reputable florist, placing your order in advance, and choosing a reliable delivery service, will ensure that your memorial flowers are delivered on time and contribute to a meaningful and memorable service.
Aeon by Beato
Beato: Heartfelt Memorial Flowers with Care
Choose Beato for expertly crafted memorial flowers honouring your loved one’s memory. Our team ensures respectful arrangements and reliable delivery.
Contact us to create a heartfelt tribute with ease.