The 4th Sunday of July is a special day that children must never forget because it is Parents Day. It is a time to honor our Mom and Dad and celebrate the love we receive from them. The parents’ day is an opportunity to make our parents feel special. It doesn’t need to be expensive and costs hundreds of dollars. The thought and sincere gesture from a child can create a meaningful celebration with our parents.
If you need Parents Day gifts and celebration ideas, here are some meaningful but inexpensive gift ideas that you can give to your parents
1. Cook their Favorite Meal and Have a Picnic
If you are a family that loves to eat, Mom and Dad would love to spend a day having a picnic while sharing a warm home-cooked meal that they love. If you know how to cook their favorite dish, it is better to surprise them with it. Otherwise, you may want to spend some time in the kitchen and have your parents teach you how to cook their favorite dish. While it can be an inexpensive parents’ day celebration idea, it could be a great bonding time for parents and kids.
If time is a hindrance to cook, then you may want to order some pizza. Have it delivered to your home and spend some time in the living room for a movie marathon. Spice it up by handing them the remote control and let them choose a movie.
With these pandemic restrictions of going outside, the typical celebration in a restaurant maybe turns into a backyard picnic. It can be a great time to spend some quality time with the whole family. Get some blankets and throw pillows. Bring some snacks and your favorite homemade dish, and spend the day in laughter. Trust us; your parents will love this activity more than any other thing in the world.
2. Have a Family Spa and Massage Day
On parents day celebration, let Mom and Dad take a day off and spend some time in a spa and relax. Give them a gift of quiet time while having a great body massage. It is a great way to help them de-stress, cool down, and improve their healthy being. To make it more special, have everyone in the family join the spa and massage day while enjoying each other’s company. You can take them to their favorite spa clinic also. However, there are also some fun ways to have a DIY family spa day at home.
Here’s how to transform your home into a relaxing haven:
- Get together a variety of lotions, baths, scented candles, and essential oils.
- Set the mood by putting on some scented candles or use essential oils such as lavender or
eucalyptus. Turn on some soft and relaxing instrumental music that you can play on Spotify.
- Book a masseuse and manicurist and prepare some light snacks.
- Give everyone a bathrobe and have a DIY facial.
- Enjoy a warm and lovely spa at-home experience.
3. Go on a Nature trip
Going outside and going into places such as mountains or beaches is a great way to help refresh and rejuvenate anyone. Going on a day trip with the family is an exciting parents’ day gift. Give your parents a much-needed break by taking them to cool places even for short day trips. Camping, swimming, and even fishing are fun ways to spend some time outside and bring lots of fun memories.
Here are some cool places in Singapore for a quick getaway and short day trips:
- Gardens by the Bay – The Gardens by the Bay is a surreal man-made marvel that transforms Singapore from a “Garden City” to a “City in a Garden.” Have some quirky photoshoot with your family in the 25 towering Supertrees and biodomes. Nothing to worry about expenses because the admission fee is free.
- Universal Studios – Universal Studios is a great place for the whole family. This theme park is one-of-a-kind in the whole of Southeast Asia because of its over 20 attractions that amaze kids and adults.
- Sentosa Island and Beaches – Sentosa is a great place for a family that loves the beach, water, and sand. There are many exciting and fun things to do here, such as Resorts World Sentosa, The Wings of Time show, Sentosa Merlion, iFly Singapore, Wave House Sentosa, S.E.A. Aquarium.
4. Make a Hand Crafted Gift
Hand-crafted gifts are meaningful and symbolic parents’ day gift ideas. Parents do not look into the gift price; instead, they prefer hand-crafted gifts made by their children. Personalized cards, scrapbook, and other handmade gifts with parents’ day wishes are sure ways to warm their hearts and make them smile. It is also a personal keepsake that parents can keep forever.
5. Give a Flower Bouquet
For Mom and Dad, a bouquet of flowers is a traditional but very special gesture that will make them smile with love and happiness. Moreover, a bouquet of roses or any other parents’ day flowers is affordable and can be delivered fast. Choose your Mom’s favorite flower and have the florist arrange it beautifully. For Dad, you may also choose some flowers and have them arranged with some of his favorite candies.
Let Beato take charge of the flower bouquet for Parent’s Day 2021
Beato is the trusted florist in Singapore, aiming to exceed expectations and ensure high quality of flowers. The florists make sure that each flower bouquet is carefully crafted, to make the person feel special. Beato has a wide array of flowers like Beautiful red roses, alluring lilies, delicate daisies, blooming daffodils, or a bouquet of fresh orchids, carnations, or hydrangeas which are amazing styling, and beautiful arrangements for any special moment. Beato has a wide range of flower arrangements for every occasion whether it is a special day to congratulate someone, valentines day, wedding anniversary or simply saying sorry to someone, or thanking someone & showing gratitude towards him.Beato also offers flowers that can be ordered online so that distance will not hinder in cheering up your parents’ hearts.