The history of flower giving extends back thousands of years as a way for people to communicate with each other. Ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, and Chinese all refer to the use of flowers in their stories and myths. The Greeks considered flowers to be predominantly important and associated them with the gods.
In this time where florist shop open everywhere all of us will wonder where to get the floral styling that best suit to our personality and taste. We would like to gift something that really shows our heart and thought of the recipient which make us need to compare few florists to find the styling that we love.
Why sending flower and what is the meaning of sending flower instead of others
The research of Rutgers University researcher Jeannette Haviland-Jones, Ph.D., director of the university’s Human Emotions Lab reveals that those who send flowers, in comparison to other gifts, are viewed as successful, caring and emotionally intelligent people. More specific findings include:
- Both men and women who give flowers are perceived as happy, achieving, strong, capable and courageous people;
- Men and women perceived as more emotionally intelligent; they give the impression they can effectively express their feelings and take time to understand the feelings of others;
- Female floral sender is viewed as more appreciative of beauty and nature.
Language of Flowers
Evidence exists that giving flowers has been a significant part of culture since the Middle Ages. In the mid-1700s, the significance increased when the French and English, while visiting Turkey, discovered an entire language of flowers which gave meaning to different flower types. From this, the Victorian culture created a meaning for every characteristic of a flower.
Books and guides created during the Victorian period served as a decoder for those receiving and giving flowers. What you might today say in a text message or email could be sent without a single word, provided you knew the meaning of the flowers and their characteristics. The flower language books, however, were not all written by the same author or in the same time period, so it could have been that the giver and receiver each had a different interpretation of the gesture
let’s understand some flower meanning:
- lisianthus (Eustoma) convey appreciation
- moss rose (Rosa) convey confession of love
- orchid (Orchis) convey refined beauty
- daisy (Bellis) convey innocence
- gerber daisy (Gerbera) convey cheerfulness
- hydrangea (Hydrangea) convey dispassion
- calla lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica)convey modesty
- lily (Lilium) convey majesty
- lily of the valley (Convallaria majalis) convey return of happiness
- tulip (Tulipa) convey declaration of love
We provide effortless floral styling buying experience where customers just need to tell us their preference such as occasions, style, mood, color and budget. We will give advices and educate them on flower choice so that the gift will be meaningful and wont contradict with the occasions (like giving wrong color and flower option for sympathy or get well ?? )
We picked the best blooms available before we style them if it’s not the best we will change to a better flower with the same styling.
We go an extra mile by capturing each styling that we dedicated to your recipient for your memory.
So it’s not about why beato , but why not !?
purchase your flower arrangement with trusted singapore florist now